2009 So far...
George has been on the road for the majority of this year traveling from city to city chasing the work. I'm not unappreciative, don't get me wrong, we are happy to be able to pay our bills, it's just that we are missing our life together. He sits in a hotel room night after night or a borrowed office in a company that is in financial trouble dealing with desperate people day after day. On the occasion that he does decide to fly home, his weekend is split between spending time with me and his church family. So this is our journey at this time...
This experience has shown us great appreciation for our time together whether it is in our home with our beloved fur-family, in a hotel room somewhere, or in the homes of our scattered family as we try to keep up with the celebration of life and death. We have been blessed with two new granddaughters this year and we said good-bye to George's father who was killed in a most unfortunate accident.
We spent a couple weekends in Lancaster, PA dealing with his father's funeral and helping his mother get things sorted out. We were scheduled to spend the weekend together in Reno, NV for Audry's "blessing", however, one of our kittens, Baby, was attacked by the neighbor's dog and died after 5 days of intense care by me, so I was not able to make it out. But "Grandpa Groff" had a wonderful bonding experience with our grandson, Camden. We are scheduled to spend Easter weekend in Salt Lake City UT for Sophie's blessing ceremony.
I'm working as much as I want to these days. I have my regular clients but I spend most of my time doing things that I enjoy like spending time with my animals, taking care of my home, organizing drumming events, reading, meditating, keeping up with my family and friends on Facebook and in person. I'm as happy as I can ever remember being, I just miss my partner...
Britni is clean and sober for almost a year now! She recently got her driving privileges back. She is working part-time and has registered for school at the Paul Mitchell School of Cosmetology. She met and is dating a lawyer, Aaron, who is into music (like her). The amazing thing is this... we recently found out that his mother and I are friends! She is also a massage therapist (we have even worked on one another) and she is a drummer who frequents my drum circles! How bizarre...
Tanner & Kendra are still in Indiana. Tanner is working as a jailer and Kendra is working for her dad. Both are in school part-time. Kendra was recently accepted at University of Tampa so they will be moving back to Tampa this summer. Tanner will continue his education to become a police officer part-time while working full-time to support them.
The wheel of life continues to spin, some jump on, some jump off and the rest of us scramble to keep up with the changes and keep our faces pointed toward the light of love and hope...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home