Missing Baby
Baby Groff 10/31/08 - 3/28/09
Who would have expected that her passing would leave such an empty space in our home. I mean, she was one of 5 kittens that we adopted this year. Baby was the smallest kitten of the litter. She adopted me as her surrogate mother. She allowed me to carry her around in the sling. At night we shared a pillow or she would curl up on my chest or flatten herself against my back, she was a cuddler. She was also the "lizard huntress". It had to be her because since her death I haven't seen any lizards in the house. She would catch lizards throughout the day and share them with the litter. The other kittens don't know what to think. I don't think they know how to catch lizards. One of them caught a leaf that was blowing around the yard the other day. He brought it in, the others followed in excited pursuit. He dropped the leaf, a few paws batted it around, nothing exciting happened, they all lost interest and one by one went back outside.
Baby loved the pugs. She liked to curl up with them during the day and she would rub her body on them, curling her tail around their face like a frame, sharing her love with them. She was the only one who did this, until yesterday.... I noticed Rumi has started doing it, how amazing is that? I wonder why he all of a sudden felt the need to share love with the pugs. Maybe they are putting out some kind of signal? hmmmmmmmmm


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home